● Increased swelling, tenderness, or pain
● Cloudy drainage with yellow or green pus
● Expanding redness or red streaking
Wound Infection Symptoms
Wounds may occur from bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, chemicals, trauma, or other conditions. Chronic wounds are challenging to treat because they tend to take longer than usual to heal. In addition, there are many different types of chronic wounds, including venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, and pressure ulcers.
Correctly identifying the cause of the wound and the source of the infection aids with effective treatment and prevention.
LUX Diagnostics Wound Pathogen Panel
The LUX Diagnostics wound panel uses samples collected from the wound location, typically using a flocked tipped specimen swab. Our lab receives the sample and performs multiplex PCR assays to detect bacterial species commonly associated with wounds.
Skin flora often cause contamination of wound specimens, which makes them unsuitable for culture. Plus, culture techniques do not always detect all pathogens present in the wound. Molecular methods like those performed by LUX Diagnostics provide sensitive and rapid identification of the various bacteria found in wounds
LUX Diagnostics Wound Infection Solutions
- Quick and consistent turnaround times
- Encompassing wound pathogens panel
- Identify resistance markers to avoid ineffective antibiotics
- Unmatched accuracy of PCR
- Simple collection process